Sunday 30 December 2012

Queens of 2012! Hooray!

Evening Dazzlers and Dazzler-ettes!

Given that tomorrow we ring in the new year, I thought we should go over some of the women who have made Burlesque more dazzling and delightful this year with their amazing wins in their respective competitions!

First Up, I've been dying for an excuse to put this one, because goddamn she is smoking! This years "Queen of Burlesque" at the New Orleans Burlesque Festival 2012 was Angi B Lovely, her routine is to a live band is amazing, in fact all contestants used the live band which I think is awesome! Her bumps and classic startup still gets me, so enjoy!



Next up, we're skipping across back home to Australia to this years winner of Miss Burlesque 2012, Briana Bluebell, who made a bang with her winning James Bond routine! Given that I'm entering the 2013 competition, you know what kinda of caliber of dancer we have in Australia!


Now we travel back to the motherland for the World Burlesque Games 2012 in the UK and we find ourselves the winner of the Female British crown, Eliza DeLite, who looks radiant and beautiful and her costume makes me giggle with girlish glee! I don't what it is but I can't embed this baby either! So go to the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBh7BZjohT8

Now we head back to America to the 10th Anniversary of the New York Burlesque festival, where while many people's choice awards are voted for, the one I am personally most excited about is "The Cutest Geek in Burlesque award" this year won by Dangrrr Doll, and after watching this, for good reason! Sorry guys, still can't embed with this website still!

http://www.burlesquestars.net/video/dangrrr-doll-at-nybf-2012/5541

And now finally, the reigning queen of Burlesque for 2012 deserve the last spot on this list. She really is such an amazing performer in Burlesque in Australia, Imogen Kelly has paved the way for Aussie Burlesque dancers for the future I hope, and while I couldn't find a video of the Flamingo routine (which I have seen and loved!) I found the next best thing, her Marie Antoinette routine! I'm adding this version purely for my own love of Paul Mcdermott!



So keep well and don't get too drunk lovelies! We'll see you in the new year ready to tease and excite at Miss Burlesque for you lot!

DD xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment