Tuesday 27 August 2013

Photoshoot Shenanigans with Rosie Button!

Evening Dazzlers and Dazzlerettes!

So while the rain comes down, I thought I would share about my most recent adventure which was a photoshoot with Rosie Button Photography!

I won the photo-shoot which I had actually forgotten I'd entered, so I was really surprised and delighted, especially after seeing the work she had done for a couple of friends of mine, she has a beautiful vintage pin-up style which is quite gorgeous to look at. Rosie's ethos is this:

"Rosie Button is an international vintage, fashion and wedding photographer based in Fremantle, Western Australia.

Rosie's vintage makeovers give everybody the opportunity to be pampered in style, as they travel back in time to another era. Rosie will help bring to life your retro fantasy, be photographed as your favourite vintage movie star, sassy pin-up model or sexy nerd!

Rosie's creative work has been exhibited at the Western Australian Museum, The Moores Building Contemporary Art Gallery in Fremantle and the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts in Brisbane."

The  one this I was really impressed with was the studio she uses to take her photos, it felt warm and welcoming and cosy but not cramped, her hair and make-up aficionado Bianca was really nice an charming, and made me look like I had more hair than what I had to spare which is no mean feat!

My original idea was to do something with lingerie and keep it pin-up cute, but I knew that I had to keep it true to me, so it was "nerded up" pinup! I will admit, I was so nervous with how it would go, the idea is not your usual pin up look, but when I showed where I wanted to go with this (and the costume pieces!) Rosie was just as excited about it as I was and it just was absolute magic! Rosie made me feel so relaxed and really helped me with working those "pin-up" poses that I'd had trouble with in the past. I think it's safe to say we were both in fits of giggling after the shoot and that was what was just so great about the whole thing, how fun Rosie made it!

Afterwards, the great part of it was the viewing room where you got to look at your photos up close to some very enjoyable music during a slideshow of the shots! I was very happy with the shots that came out of this, it was really really hard to narrow it down!

Rosie was really nice and has let me tease one photo before I grab the lot which is awesome, its probably one of my most clothed photos too! Haha!  

Please visit her website www.rosiebutton.com to see how much fun you can have!

For now! I'm going to go get ready for tomorrows Burly Unplugged! Come support Dixie Evans week at Lazy Susan's comedy den!

Keep on dazzling!

DD xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment