Monday 3 December 2012

Photoshoot With David Woolley: The Steampunk Showgirl Shoot

Hello Dazzlers and Dazzler-ettes!

So a couple of Sundays ago, I finally spent the dollars and booked myself my first photo shoot!

I booked myself in with David Woolley, Pinup photographer extraordinaire and who also specializes in Steampunk photo shoots as well! He's been shooting Pinup photo sessions for a few years, but it's in the last year he's started the Steampunk photo shoots. Perth's really lucky to have a photographer that can do both and do both well!

I chose two types of looks, both contrasting, one light and in lingerie, the other darker in my showgirl costume. I had my hair and makeup done by Siouxane, A really really talented FX artist here in Perth whose work I've quietly fangirled over in the past. Listening to her and getting her tips is always a great thing.

The light and lingerie photo shoot came out very femme fatale/Saloon girl, I don't consider this a bad thing, Steampunk western has intrigued me of late, or at least deep south American steampunk!


The next part of the shoot, I went dark hair with a wig, and went all out with guns and exploring looking for treasure, all in my Rhinestone encrusted  goggles! My favourite and unconventional accessory! It looks like I can't see in them, But I actually can!



The costuming I made the majority of, using both modern and vintage reproduction patterns, my favourite is the corset cover, made from a vintage repo 1897 pattern from www.vpll.org, go there, her patterns are amazing! some of it will need tweaking for dancing in I've discovered, but they are surprinsingly light for a bustle skirt and corset cover. I've got more coming in the series, but I wanted to show these because they really are some of my favourite photos, and it's exciting to do these kind of shoots, and I'd love to do more in the future!

The full album is here on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.382874458466850.95373.362402200514076&type=3

You can find David's work and book him for your own Steampunk/Pin up girl session at: http://www.davidwoolley.com.au/ and http://www.vintageglamourphotography.com/

You can drool over Siouxane's work at: http://www.siouxanemartincic.com/

DD xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment