Monday 8 October 2012

Welcome to the Showgirl!

Good Evening Dazzlers and Dazzler-ettes!

My name is Dollar Dazzler, I'm a Burlesque dancer from Perth whose time traveling through Steampunk Books has inspired me to be more scandalous than my Victorian fore-mothers and their dance hall shenanigans!

I fell in love with Steampunk in 2009 when I was whisked away to an event called "Euchronia" in a civilized city called Melbourne, and from there I have read and fallen in love with the literature, art and of course, the fashion and societal etiquette which is constantly upended and yet held with high regard and affection.

Burlesque is not quite as long a story. While I am trained in theatre and circus arts and performing since I was 7, I have been studying for over a year with Sugar Blue Burlesque and honed the type of dancing skills those dance hall girls would be proud of!

I intend to make this a place of Burlesque/Steampunk love and share many different things and places to explore while keeping you in the loop with who I'm dazzling next!

Dazzle on!

DD xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment